Thursday, January 26, 2012

Anyone know Russian that can help me?

ochen priatnoo ti atkudaaa komnee?



What does this mean??



Also I have a Russian to English translator, but it only works if the Russian words are using the Russian alphabet. Does anyone know where I can find a translator that translates Russian words with English alphabet to the English word?Anyone know Russian that can help me?
очень приятно = literally "very enjoyable" but in fact it's a polite answer when you get introduced to someone etc.

ты откуда ко мне = where did you come to me from? meaning "where had you been before you came to me?"



I am afraid there isn't any successful software translating from transliterated Russian.

1. The first of all there isn't such a thing as the transliteration rules. Such rules exist only for the names in the translated documents, and even there different versions are possible.

2. Transliteration can be based on the rules of any European language using the Latin alphabet. There are differences in using Latin letters in each of them, and none of them may dictate the rules to others. ш = sh (English), sch (German), sj (Dutch)

3. None of the systems existing in European languages suits completely to Russian language. That's why Cyrillic alphabet was invented in the first place. Some people would pedantically transliterate Russian ш as "SH" while others use "W"

4. People make mistakes and misspellings in their own language. I see it translating here in Y!A all the time. I guess 95% of all my translations in Y!A was some grammatically incorrect badly spelled and transliterated in bizarre way Russian full of slang. Your text is the brightest example. You wrote 2 separate sentences as 1, made 2 words from 4 and misspelled everything besides the first word.



You need either to find a interpretor from flesh and blood or to post your texts in small portions in Y!A.

I hope you got the picture why it's impossible to create any reliable software you ask about.
  • acura rsx
  • map of united states with cities
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment