Monday, January 23, 2012

Can I get a translator job in America?

I'm a senior college student from Taiwan, my major is Russian language. I've learned Russian for 4 years %26amp; also English for over 10 years. After graduation, I plan to get a master degree from school for translators and interpreters in America. Just wondering if I can get a good job as a translator over there, either Russian-English or Chinese-English is okay. Anyone can help me?Can I get a translator job in America?
Overall, I believe that is very difficult to get a good paying job as a translator. You have to remember that this is America and that means that there are millions of people who speak many languages and demand may not be very high.



In the business world you might be able to get a job where your languages might be needed from time to time. A good paying job with a corporation as an official company translator might be a great job opportunity for you. You might also consider working for a University or a Hospital.



Most translating jobs in America are "on call" basis and pay only by the hour. These jobs do pay well, but are not a good source of constant income and sometimes are considered part time employment.



Take a peek at the following job search webpages and search for language translation jobsCan I get a translator job in America?
Yes you can. One place to start is in the court system. There are many different languages being spoke by people in the courtroom all the time. Those people need translators and the court system is hiring. I don't know how it pays, but if you are looking for a job, you might want to try there first and then you can look for something else if you don't like that.Can I get a translator job in America?
Dude, to tell you, it's not worth your time to get a master's degree just so you can translate. I have relatives who only have a HS diploma, some even none, went into the translating business. It's not such a high paying job either.

No comments:

Post a Comment