Monday, January 23, 2012

Is there a way to write Russian with the American alphabet?

I've seen some people write in Russian (over the internet) with the American alphabet, and I was wondering if there is a translator that you can type a sentence in English and it will translate to Russian but with the American alphabet? If not can someone please tell me how to translate words from the Russian alphabet to American alphabet??? Please! The reason why I want to know this is because I am in love with a Russian guy, and I can't exactly type in the Russian alphabet. So please help.Is there a way to write Russian with the American alphabet?
I don't speak Russian, but I can read the Russian alphabet and I can change Russian letters into English ones by myself. There are English alphabet-equivalent ways of writing Russian.



It's called romanisation, I believe?



Just learn how to read it and you should be able to translate the letters into English letters fairly easily.



Note that it doesn't mean what the Russian letters are romanised are English translations, but it's easier to use a translator such as Google Translate that way. c:Is there a way to write Russian with the American alphabet?
First step would be to learn Russian, if you don't speak it yet. Then, you can do what I do with Hebrew all the time: simply sound out the words in Russian and write the corresponding sounds of the English alphabet. For example, you could write "dasvedanya". This is called transliterating:



trans路lit路er路ate

To represent (letters or words) in the corresponding characters of another alphabet.Is there a way to write Russian with the American alphabet?
Transliteration can only come CLOSE to true Russian since the Russian language has sounds we do not have in English. You can APPROXIMATE the sounds, but it won't be exact.
Romanise them.

No comments:

Post a Comment