Monday, January 30, 2012

How much could I make as a translator?

I would translate between English, Japanese, Spanish, French, Russian, and quite possibly Arabic by the time I have a Master's degree (though I do intend to get a PhD). No matter what, I would go into translation just because I love language, but, out of curiosity, how much could I make from it? On the level of working for myself? The US Government? If I was ever good enough, the UN?How much could I make as a translator?
Well the median salary for a translator in the USA is $44,790 per year. Kind of low for so many years of studying so you might want to consider another career like in the sales and marketing area, where all those language skills would come into use.

Anyways, it is your choice and you should do what you like the best.

Good luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment