Monday, January 30, 2012

Where i can study to be a translator?

ive been living in uk for 10 years and speak good english.my mother language is russian and i would like to be a translator.what courses i need?like english for foreigners?what level?i live next to london.may be anybody knows where?Where i can study to be a translator?
I have a translation agency and I just wanted to point out that as a native Russian speaker, you would be translating from English into Russian and not the other way around.



Once you have obtained your qualification in translation, I suggest that you then become a member of a professional body so that people like me know that you have reached a certain required standard. Take a look at the Institute of Translation and Interpreting, and the Institute of Linguists (below). I wouldn't hesitate to use anyone who is a member of those. It will help you to get work.Where i can study to be a translator?
Here is a list of translation and interpreting courses in the UK:



http://www.lexicool.com/courses_uk.asp



I assume you already have your bachelor's degree, since most of the listed programs are at the master's degree level. Congratulations on knowing that translators need advanced studies. Many people assume that being fully bilingual is enough, and they are wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment