Saturday, February 18, 2012

How much do translators and/or interpreters get paid?

I'm just wondering this because I want to be a translator and/or an interpreter when I'm older and I was wondering how much they get paid? I can speak English, German and French and I want to learn Russian or another language at some point.How much do translators and/or interpreters get paid?
As another commenter said, there are many factors. You might want to take a look at the American Interpretors Association webpage:

http://www.atanet.org/



In particular, they have a page on careers in translation and interpreting:

http://www.atanet.org/careers/index.php



I think this information may answer your real question, which is whether a career in translation/interpreting is a good choice.How much do translators and/or interpreters get paid?
it depends on a lot of things :

1) the number of languages you know

2) your level of education (if you have a masters degree or a phd ....)

3) the country were you live

4) the experience that you have

5) your work place (you can be a translator but you can work in diffrent places : with an embassy ... In a company .... As a tourist guide .... )

I can't just give you number .... But believe me you are going to be payed well !!

No comments:

Post a Comment